The Kids & Me Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, and that they are the verbally inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world.
1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
2. We believe there is one true God, who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
3. We believe the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary work and shed blood on the cross and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24;
Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21;
Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
4. We believe that all men everywhere are physically and spiritually separated from God and face His judgment, and that the shed blood of Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation. We believe that the repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
Furthermore we believe that the redeemed will spend eternity in heaven, and that the unrighteous will suffer eternal punishment in hell.
Matthew 25:46; Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23;
2 Corinthians 5:10-11; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7; Revelation 20:11-15
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life.
John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church.
1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
7. We believe in the ministry of evangelism (proclaiming the Good News made available by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship as a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
8. We believe the scriptural plan for human sexuality must be expressed only within the context of marriage. We believe marriage to be exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female.
Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27;
1 Corinthians 6:9.
9. We believe human life is sacred in its entirety; we must be concerned for our fellowman, spiritually and physically.
Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1;Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39;
Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.