Hey Moms - Here are some creative activities to enjoy with your elementary-aged students this summer that will give a healthy helping of literature, history, science, and fun!
1) LITERATURE: Share this children's story - The Giant Jam Sandwich - with your child.
Get the book:
or find a digital copy
or watch a read-aloud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnr65z4AN_I
2) NON-FICTION: Read about this real life Giant Cookie!
(Is there a world's record your child would like to break? https://kids.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/ )
3) LOCAL HISTORY: The story of the Lance factory and the peanut butter sandwich
More fascinating history about Charlotte: https://southendclt.org/about/south-ends-story
4) SCIENCE: Learn about the difference between the helpful, pollinator ground bees and the mean, aggressive yellow jackets!
5) HOME SKILLS: Bake some yeast bread.